Built in 1937 to designs by Morris Rothstein & Son, the six-story-and-basement Jackson House (formerly known as Pauldor Court) is among the later apartment buildings erected in the historic district. Typical of that phase of development, the building has a deep entrance court which breaks up its street front into two sections.
77th Street — East Side Faced in red brick with white trim, the building is neo-Georgian in style. Elements which are typical of the style include the projecting gabled brick entrance porch with stone quoins, brickwork imitating quoins and rustication, brick band courses, arched window openings at the first story, tripartite windows in segmental relieving arches with swags at the second story, gables with oculi at the roofline, and parapet balustrades. Brick walls and pedestals flank the entrance to the court.
Elevator Apartments / Cooperative (D4) 53 units / Community District 403 / City Council District 25 / Police Precinct 115 / Block/lot: 1277/50 / Apartment Building Date / 6 stories with basement / Morris Rothstein & Son, Architect / Neo-Georgian / E. Scappinato, Developer
Photography/Graphics/Digital Media ©copyright ArmenKojoyianDesign, all rights reserved